Three Puerto Rican activists from New York were subpoenaed by a federal grand jury in December 2007. Many within the Puerto Rican diaspora and Puerto Rico assert that the subpoenas are related to an investigation into the Macheteros and are part of a long pattern of repression of independentists by the United States government. Read the following articles for information and events around this recent controversy. Check category “Civil Liberties” for more recent articles.
- Grand Jury Resistance Post 9/11
- Statement Of National Lawyers Guild, NYC Chapter Opposing Grand Jury Abuse
- Federal Grand Jury Subpoenas Three Pro-Independence Activists
- Protests announced against the FBI in six states
- FBI on fishy fishing expedition
- Appearances of Puerto Rican independentists postponed